Leather is a natural material that ages gracefully. The better you maintain your leather the longer it will last. Here are some general tips on how to care for your leather the best way possible:
Don’t let the leather sit in direct sunlight or heat for longer periods. It dries out the leather and causes cracks as well as discolorations.
- Store leather in a dry, cool place. Do not store in plastic bags as the skin needs to breathe and air out.
- Do not use detergents or any type of chemicals on the leather as it will remove the natural oils in the skin.
- If you have to, use a mildly damp cloth and gently wipe the whole item for an even coloring as the humidity in the cloth will always affect the color.
- If the leather gets too dry, you can use a leather cream to restore it. Please note that the skin will get darker when using the cream.
- You will notice over time that the leather will shift in color. Your skin oils and touch from your hands will affect it and make it darker as time goes. This is the beauty of vegetable tan skins. The product will always be unique to each user as it will age and change color differently on each person.